Verified Reviewer

1.8

I called the 800 customer service number and got a message saying the wait would be 30 minutes. It turned out I was on hold long enough for the battery in my cordless phone to beep at me so I had to get the other phone.

When a woman finally came on after I felt I was going to go mad from listening to their stupid message that played every fifteen seconds, I confirmed my account and I told her I wanted to make a transfer. She told me to hold on. Within five seconds, I received a message to press a button to answer a survey or to hang up to end the call. I didn't do anything in the hope the woman would come back on the line.

Instead, I received another message saying there was no response from me so my call was disconnected. I hoped the customer service rep would call me since she disconnected us but no. So now I'll have to call back and wait forever and a day again only to maybe get cut off again? I have to make this transfer and since they made changes in January, I haven't been able to log into my account.

That's a whole other story but in a nutshell, I was on the phone with customer service and a supervisor for approx. an hour - the second time I called - and was told it would be taken care of the next day. It wasn't.

I'm going to put Direct Express in the rearview mirror as soon as I open a checking account locally. What a disaster this place is.

User's recommendation: Ask for their phone number so they can be called back in case they're accidentally disconnected.

Product or Service Mentioned: Direct Express Money Transfer.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Direct Express Pros: Money is always deposited on time.

Direct Express Cons: Long wait for customer service, No one seems to be able to fix why i cannot log in, Call got cut off after i waited a long time to make transfer, Cannot transfer more than 100 dollars without paying 10 dollars.

Comments