Verified Reviewer

Update by user Sep 08, 2020

I've attempted contacted with Direct Express customer service numerous times in the past several times within the past week, but this is not easy as my calls seem to have about a fifty-fifty chance of getting dropped after waiting on hold for an hour or more. It appears that Direct Express deliberately makes it difficult for its customers to contact them, and then if a customer does manage to get through to a customer service rep, the rep often displays an attitude that is unhelpful, unprofessional, and rude.

Original review posted by user Sep 08, 2020

I'm a disabled person receiving SSDI while living overseas. Recently my Direct Express debit card became nonfunctional, and after a week of trying, I've been unable to resolve this issue with Direct Express customer service.

My SSDI benefits are the only source of support I have, and with my Direct Express debit card no longer working I'm now facing an extreme hardship.

Additionally, when I call Direct Express customer service my calls are typically dropped after waiting more than an hour on old, and if I do manage to speak with someone in their customer service dept., the person I'm speaking with usually has an attitude of extreme disinterest if not outright belligerence and hostility.

One more than one occasion I've been told that my card has been "unlocked" and that it is now ready for use.

However, every time I go to the ATM to get cash (no point of sale in my area) my card does not work, and I'm unable to get any money to support myself. For the past four days I've had nothing but noodles to eat.

I urgently need to have this problem resolved as quickly as possible, and will appreciate any advice.

User's recommendation: If possible, use another bank.

Product or Service Mentioned: Direct Express Debit Card.

Preferred solution: I want my debit card to start working.

Direct Express Pros: There are no pros to a direct express debit card.

Direct Express Cons: Extremely dysfunctional customer service.

Comments