Casper, Wyoming
2.0
Additional Fees

My Direct Express Card was Hacked and they must have known it, because when I got a low balance alert on my cell phone, I called Direct Express and rather than letting me listen to my account transactions, It took me right to an agent that asked me if I had done any withdraws off some highway in Georgia when I've never even left the city of Casper Wyoming. So since they knew that was going to need to talk to a representative, Than They SHOULD HAVE ALSO KNOWN I WAS BEING HACKED!

In was hacked at about 8pm MY TIME and I last used my card around 3:30 MY TIME, and the re-routed my call to a rep. than they should have also been able to do something about Not Giving out any money until I called Customer Service to tell them if I was in Georgia. Then while I was talking to one of the upper level disputes department. I was told that a phone call was made to change my PIN NUMBER.

But when I called the automated system and entered my pin number, My pin Number was still good. So Did the Hackers take the time to change my pin a 2nd time to make my pin number good when I called them about account activity? I asked for the phone number that called to change my pin, and I was given a phone number to somewhere in L.A. California.

NOW I AM REALLY WONDERING ABOUT DIRECT EXPRESS AS POSSIBLY BEING THE ONE THAT MIGHT BE HACKING THE ACCOUNTS OF VERY MANY PEOPLE. I've never told anyone about what my pin number is and only Direct Express would have known that pin number.

THEY KNEW TO REROUTE MY CALL BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT MY ACCOUNT HAD BEEN COMPROMISED AND THEY DO NOT LOOK TOWARDS THE LAW TO CATCH WHO WAS DOING THE HACKING! I WOULD NOT BE A BIT SURPRISED IF IF SOMEONE OR SOME PEOPLE ARE ELECTRONICALLY MAKING IT LOOK LIKE SOMEONE TOOK MONEY FROM A CERTAIN PLACE WHERE OTHER DIRECT EXPRESS MEMBERS HAVE TAKEN MONEY OUT AT A.T.M.s AS THOSE RECORDS FOR PEOPLE IN GEORGIA THAT USE DIRECT EXPRESS THERE, AS THE RECORDS OF PEOPLE USING A.T.M.s ALL OVER THE COUNTRY COULD BE AVAILABLE TO LOOK AT AS A LIST OF PLACE'S TO SHOW AS PLACES TO BE WHERE IT WAS HACKED.

PLUS KNOWING THAT NO LEGAL ACTION WILL TAKE PLACE WITH NO INVESTIGATION WILL TAKE PLACE UNLESS THE CARD HOLDERS DECIDE TO REPORT THE MONEY TAKEN OUT OF THEIR ACCOUNTS. IT'S VERY CONVENIENT TO HAVE A LIST OF PLACES WHERE OTHER CARD HOLDERS HAVE TAKEN MONEY OUT OF THEIR ACCOUNTS PLUS KNOWING THAT NEARLY EVERYONE WILL JUST BE HAPPY TO GET THEIR MONEY BACK AND NOT HAVE TO REPORT IT TO POLICE WHO WOULD HAND IT OVER TO THE F.B.I. WHEN IT SUPPOSEDLY HAPPENED OUT OF THE STATE YOU LIVE IN. AND WHO IS AT THIS NUMBER IT SHOWS CALLED MY DIRECT EXPRESS ACCOUNT FROM L.A.

CA. TO HAVE ALL THAT INFORMATION ON THEIR COMPUTERS> IT WOULD BE REAL EASY FOR THE BANK TO DO IT TO THEIR OWN CARD HOLDERS. ANYWAY, JUST A THOUGHT.

I THINK THAT'S SOMETHING I WILL REPORT AND TELL WHAT I THINK. Hope I don't have an accident any time soon.

Product or Service Mentioned: Direct Express Debit Card.

Reason of review: DIDn"T CARE THAT I HAD NO FOOD UNTILL I GOT MY HACKED MONEY BACK ON MY CARD.

Preferred solution: FIND OUT WHO IN THE BANK THAT HAS ACCESS TO ALL PLACES WHERE OTHER MEMBERS HAVE TAKEN OUT MONEY FROM A.T.M.s AND INVESTIGATE YOUR OWN PEOPLE.

Direct Express Pros: Security like social security.

Direct Express Cons: Fraud dept, Didnt care i had no food until paid back.

• Direct Express Scam

Comments

Certain ATM's & points of purchase have skimmers to catch yer data. Assume they're all compromised.

Only use bank lobby ATM's. Hard to put a skimmer there as it's right under the bank's nose, cameras, etc. Your best option is to withdraw all funds on your card the first day it's loaded. Get the cash out of it asap.

I mean within hours.

Don't leave more than a few dollars on the card when it gets loaded. Take the money and run.