Direct Express - Horrible customer service, held hostage unable to transfer direct deposit

89 of 113 Direct Express reviews

Last month I made admittedly unusual purchases with my Direct Express debit card but they were nonetheless made by me and ONLY me.DE took it upon themselves to close my account due to 'suspicious activity' with no notice whatsoever.

I had moved and did not realize I hadn't put in a change of address, most likely due to the fact that it's a hellish experience to deal with them by phone and it cannot be done on line so I forgot. I'm moving again and called today to report the address change. Before the robot could even answer my call, I was confronted by 2 different 'promotional' offers then disconnected. After finally getting through to a real person, was informed that my account was on hold, to fax 2 forms of identity or else.

Also they will not allow me to change to another financial institution which has been ongoing for years now and I've just let it go but no more.I am more than p**sed; it's my hard earned money and my right to do what I want to with it.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Customer service

Reason of review:
They're holding my money hostage.
Product or service
Direct Express Debit Card
Review category
Cards
review #677370 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Direct Express? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
89 of 113 Direct Express reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
MasterEd

Oct 16, 2015 #1049604 Orlando, Florida, United States

So you made unusual charges, failed to change your address with them twice and they want you to fax in two forms of ID to verify who you are. They sound like they are trying to protect your finances.
And NO ONE can not let you change from one financial institution to another. Of course they are going to want to keep your business, sometimes to the point of being obnoxious, but just be extreme that you want to change. Don't even go thru them. If your deposit is thru employment do a new direct deposit with another agency. Same with Social Security. Just make sure you do it early since each company has a different cutoff date for changes

4 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.