Direct Express - Horrible customer service, held hostage unable to transfer direct deposit
Last month I made admittedly unusual purchases with my Direct Express debit card but they were nonetheless made by me and ONLY me.DE took it upon themselves to close my account due to 'suspicious activity' with no notice whatsoever.
I had moved and did not realize I hadn't put in a change of address, most likely due to the fact that it's a hellish experience to deal with them by phone and it cannot be done on line so I forgot. I'm moving again and called today to report the address change. Before the robot could even answer my call, I was confronted by 2 different 'promotional' offers then disconnected. After finally getting through to a real person, was informed that my account was on hold, to fax 2 forms of identity or else.
Also they will not allow me to change to another financial institution which has been ongoing for years now and I've just let it go but no more.I am more than p**sed; it's my hard earned money and my right to do what I want to with it.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- They're holding my money hostage.
- Product or service
- Direct Express Debit Card
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Here's my experience:January 29th, 2013: Did taxes on via Turbotax, when asked where I wanted the deposit to go I made a big ***king mistake and checked the box..."
- "This store along with several other stores or companies uses "Synchrony Bank" which is the new name for GE Money GE Capital Retail Money Bank GE Capital Retail Bank for..."
- "On July 08, 2016, I went and withdrew 40.00 from my rushcard in Ducanville TX, after that I went to get a haircut in Lancaster TX, after that I went..."
- "Dear Consumers My community was devastated by a deadly tornado Ocwen released 1/3 of funds and has made every excuse to keep the remaining Insurance money, these folks are criminals, they will not..."
- "I had been having sewer problems with my house for couple of years. Had to have the drains cleared about every 4 months. I already knew there was a breakage..."
- "Missy Starling, ABR ALHS Realtor from Dallas Fort Worth Area has scammed us out of money from the purchase of our home. It is unfortunate that we are pushed to..."
- "Better use consignee rather than your own people which not taking care and stealing the contents of the box. batter add precautions and implement rules to avoid this kind of..."
- "I started this regimen back in March for a week then I stopped and started once again in May 2016 at 215 lbs. This month of September 2016 I have..."
- "We love Ritz at our house and I buy several at a time each week. It has been the last 6 mo - 1 year that they are a..."