2.0

The month of June a food delivery service app...Menulog, located in Australia...thought I am such a nice person to have food delivered to someone 17 TIMES which amounted to over $250 in charges. Ok, it’s obvious that it wasn’t me. Don’t you think DE would have flagged it since all of my other transactions are in FL? Well they didn’t.

The month of July a different food delivery service app....Deliveroo, located in the UK also thought I was a nice person. 14 transactions in the amount of $261.79 in 24 HOURS! Thank God I’ve been keeping an eye out on my balance since I thought I spent too much in June and when I checked tonight I had $4.04 in my account! Surely DE would have flagged that, right?! NOPE

Here’s the kicker. I called DE to find out WTF was going on and dispute the charges. This is what I was told needs to happen...I have to wait 5 days for those transactions to clear and then call them back. They will then open a claim and mail me paperwork to fill out. IF I can get the paperwork back to them within 10 days they will give me a provisional credit “to get me by” until the investigation is complete which can take up to 90 days. So, in short the soonest I can get any type of money refunded back is in 15 days.

Now my thinking is well *** the money is already gone so why do I have to wait 5 days for them to “clear”? Why can’t they refund me all of my money until the 90 days is up when they realize it’s obviously fraudulent? Why didn’t they flag or atleast call me when international purchases were made? I’m sure the big name banks would have.

Product or Service Mentioned: Direct Express Debit Card.

Reason of review: My account was robbed.

Direct Express Pros: When i first got it worked great, Most of the time no problems, At first they were on the ball.

Direct Express Cons: Didnt care i had no food until paid back, Being in financial distress because of direct express.

• Direct Express Fraud