1.6

My card was drained wile I was going tru surgery.On may second I was hospitalized and had to go tru surgery and had complications, during that time my wallet with my cards wore put in the hospitals safe box , on the 8 th of may I was discharged from the hospital on the 9 of may when I went to pay my rent and the rest of my bill I found out that may card was being drained from may 2 nd all the way to the 8 th of may five transactions all perches made online with out my concern o approval tho Macy's .

Com for the total of $642.00 dollars money that I need to pay my rent .

From the first minute that I called costumer service at direct express they wore jumping me around and after 9 times of taking with different people because they would transfer my call to the division that hadals this issue they would hang my call over and over mean wile my card was being drained on may the 9 th finally they picked the call and then they explained me the proces of disputing this transactions they cancel my card send me a new one and the paperwork that I needed to complete and any evidence that I had as proof of my hospitalization almost two week after that I received the paperwork with my card because I couldn't pay the fee they needed to send it faster , after completing the form and sending copy of my discharge for the hospital where was stated when I was admitted and when I was discharged I send it right a way because of the urgency of not being able to pay my rent and by being frustrated by problems that this event had cause wile I was recovering from surgery three weeks from that I call them back because I haven't received the money back and wondering what I am going to do and how I am going to pay my rent to find out that had close the case with out informing me of it and when I asked what was the reason for there desision the answers that they gave me didn't satisfy me because I sumited everything that they ask and what they wore telling me was not accrued to what I had summited and there for that they had I felt that the process was not fare and that instead of making the process easier for me that they wore making it harder knowing that I am sick , recovering from surgery and disabled to the point that is affecting my health and it has ben so frustrating that it appears to be on purpose so I can desist on my claim that my account was drained wile I was in the hospital .To make thing wore I don't now who to go or call to defend me and others like me who are being abused by having are a accounts drain by this criminals and a system that protects them and not us .

Reason of review: Other issue.

I liked: Convienance of the card.

I didn't like: Customer service was dreadful, Scam, All of the above.

Had an Experience with Direct Express?

Comments

Direct express will continue to take money out of your account their system has been hacked to prevent your money from being taken any longer you need to cancel your direct express card and reroute your money from your Social Security check straight into your personal bank account with the routing number and account number this is the safest thing you can do

Direct Express is horrible.

I have had nothing but trouble with them too.

I called to dispute a unauthorized transaction and some guy named Rustle at D.E. took my call he was rude and an *** to me I wish there office was closer cause I'd like to stump a mud hole in Rustle's ***

Georgia, United States #1334593

I hate to say this--but you will probably never see your money again.I fought with Comerica Bank for two months, trying to get my money back from a fraudulent purchase made online.

I complained to every government agency I could---including Comptroller of the Currency and was basically ignored. It wasn't until some Nigerian scammers tried to drain my SS account that I had enough and changed banks.

Do yourself a favor--and do the same.Comerica Bank does not safeguard federal beneficiaries' accounts and could care less--as does the government.