Additional Fees

Update by user Oct 15

my case is still not resolved

Update by user Apr 25

there is no update, I received notification they are trying to resolve by May 5, 2017 And my complaint to FICA has been forwarded to the Consumer Protection. So in the future write to the Consumer Protection.

Original review posted by user Mar 25

I am writing a review for Direct Express prepaid debit for Government Benefits.I had read hundreds of dissatisfied consumers.

I had unauthorized activity on my card, my claim was denied. I provided a Notarized statement, police report, proof where I was when the charges occurred, a statement from three witnesses and still denied. Through research I found Direct express has hundreds maybe even thousands of complaints. To file a complaint there are two places to go.

I am here to provide this information for those who were treated like second class citizens due to the lack of customer service and Direct Express making the own rules. First you can file a complaint with FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation) and attached proofs either online, fax or by mail. FDIC assists consumers with complaints by informing them of their rights under federal consumer protection laws and by reviewing the bank's actions to assess whether the bank has complied with such laws.

Second you can file a complaint for prepaid debit card on CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau) this one is quite easy and you can attach the necessary documents when filing online, super easy.I blocked out my claim number, but I am sure you get the idea.

Review about: Direct Express Customer Care.

I didn't like: Fraud claims, Hundreds of complaints.

Had an Experience with Direct Express?

Comments

There supposed to refund my money back on my card how long will that take need it back ASAP

I even tried to file complaint with BBB in Austin. When I got to pg.3, the site kept sending me back to page 2. All info was filled in so why was page misdirecting me?

c_millertyme
#1320330

THIS HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED YET, DIRECT EXPRESS DID CONTACT ME SAID THEY WOULD MAKE A DECISION BY MAY 5, 2017

New York, New York, United States #1307513

I was lucky enough to get a full refund of $668 2 years ago after my DE card was skimmed, then duplicated and used at an ATM in Miami, Florida while I reside in NYC.I had to send in paperwork within 10 business days and got the refund at day 14 from the day I notified them of the theft.

It is a huge problem and it can only have gotten worse since I had an issue. I no longer use my DE card anywhere except a McDonald's ATM to withdraw all of my money on the 1st because it's not worth the risk of ever being hacked again. I load small amounts to my AmexServe card to use for Internet purchases and my bills, and cash for everything else.

You never know if a POS terminal has been compromised by scammers.A Direct Deposit card can be wiped out in minutes and I never want to have that sinking feeling of being broke again.